The ways new homes are better than existing are staggering. Other than wanting to stay in a particular community, the benefits of building a new construction house instead of purchasing a home far outweigh the reasons not to. New homes built today are designed to enhance our lives, with open-concept floor plans, rooms designed for entertainment, and offices for the evergrowing remote workforce. The eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient products used in new builds are exceptional to those of existing. A new house can be built on the perfect plot of land and custom landscaping.
Jewell Homes provides a generous selection of new floor plans, all completely customizable to fit the needs of you, your family, and your lifestyle. And because they value honesty and integrity, they’re going to share the top 6 ways new homes are better than anything you’ll find on the market today.
- Your home, your way. The last thing you want to do after closing on a house is to spend time and money changing previous owners installed elements. When you build a brand new home, you choose everything from the type of flooring to the style of the ceiling fan. Your dream kitchen is completely attainable when you decide to build new. Select your countertops to compliment your cabinets. Design the ultimate bathroom with decorative fixtures and lighting. The style of your home will reflect you and no one else.
- Old is old. It’s no secret that homes require upkeep and repairs over time. In already existing homes, there are viable products that need to be replaced or fixed. New homes are better simply because they give you peace of mind. Products and appliances in new construction homes have never been used, and most are under warranty. When you build a new home, you don’t have to worry about how old the roof is or whether or not the water heater needs a tune-up. Builders like Jewell Homes use the latest building materials and the most up-to-date appliances, offering you many years of worry-free use.
- Energy-efficient, budget-friendly, eco-friendly. When compared to houses built even a few short years ago, today’s homes are exceedingly more energy-efficient. If you compare homes built now to homes built 20, 40, or 60 years ago, well, there is no comparison. New homes are better for the environment because they are specifically designed with that goal in mind. Energy efficiency is built into every new home, which saves homeowners money on heating, cooling, and electricity. These savings add up significantly over the years. Regulations exist now that we didn’t have years ago. These regulations set standards for the efficiency of homes being built.
- Healthy living. We’ve shown how new homes are better when it comes to their footprint on the environment. Now let’s talk about how they’re better for the health of you and your family. The energy standards in place for new builds include provisions for modern ventilation and air filtration systems. These systems provide year-round cost savings and draft-free comfort; they offer the best indoor air quality. So not only can you breathe easily figuratively, you can breathe easily literally.
- State-of-the-art technology. New construction homes include the latest technology, including lighting, entertainment, security, and smart home technology. Most new homes allow you to manage your home from a distance through a tablet or smartphone. Although Bluetooth technology is everywhere now, new homes provide built-in wiring giving you better video and sound quality and a stronger overall connection. New construction lets you interconnect all of your devices: phones, audio, visual, lighting, internet – even your HVAC system. This technology provides a high level of security for your family. Security systems, motion detectors, and sound alert systems are just the tip of the iceberg. New electronics allow you to monitor your children and their computer usage from anywhere. There are high-tech products available that even track your groceries in the fridge to let you know when you’re running low on milk.
- Unmatched neighborhood amenities. Building a new house today means you will be part of building a new community. Cities work closely with land developers when a new subdivision is being built. Together they put extensive thought into the outdoor areas surrounding new developments. Up-to-date water management and treatment protocols are considered when developing land, which means most new neighborhoods have no shortage of ponds. Developers don’t just give you a home; they create an environment full of pools and beaches, scenic sanctuaries surrounded by woods and wildlife, and community centers and playgrounds.
Choosing a Home Builder
Now that we have you convinced that new homes are better than existing let’s tell you why Jewell Homes is the best builder for the job. Jewell believes in a Five Star Treatment program to ensure your building process is stress-free. This program was built on a foundation of integrity, honesty, and quality in every aspect of your custom building project.
Every experience and interaction with a member of the team is important. Jewell Homes customizes each project, whether it’s a complete vision of your dream house or a tweaked version of one of our model plans. We work to complement your life!